Friday, January 11, 2008

The 8s of 2008

I realize I have not posted in forever so, Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year...but that's so 2007, now onto 2008.

I am so glad that 2008 is here! Just think in the next few weeks, we will finally know who will ACTUALLY be running for president. I have to say I am not a political person, but after hearing about it for over a year now, how can I not be consumed with politics?

Here are 8 things I think about the primaries:

1. If I hear a candidate say the word "change" one more time...I'm going to be super annoyed.
2. Just because Huckabee was a former Baptist minister and I am a Christian (and a Baptist) I am not a bad Christian if I don't vote for him.
3. I can't get over this feeling I have that while Obama is a "nice guy" and a great speaker, I'm not convinced that we need a nice guy for our next president. I feel like it is not Obama's time. He's young and could run again at any time and then maybe it would be his time.
4. I'm not a women's lib kind of gal, but I'm not opposed to Hillary (or a woman) being our next president.
5. I think Americans have been putting too much emphasis lately on being patriotic and being selfish as a country, focusing on ourselves, when really, there has never been a more important time to look outward and realize that the rest of the world has just as much influence on us as we do on them.
6. John McCain...I can't think of anything to say about him and that's not good for me since he's been campaigning one way or another for 8 years.
7. John Edwards, I like him for the most part. Every time I look at him I think "lawyer" and I get turned off.
8. Ron Paul...I don't know much about him, but I know that when I drive down the freeway, there is always a sign that says "Ron Paul Revolution"

Now...onto a more personal note, while the election might be the biggest thing of 2008 for some people. Things are about to change for us (I am not a candidate, so I can say that word) The even more exciting thing about 2008 for me and Nathan is that I'm pregnant!! We're obviously super excited. I'm due 8-8-08 (which I really like saying) We're working on a website for the baby. We had an appointment this week. It was so exciting to see the little heart beat and we could see the teeny little arms and legs moving. Super exciting and thank you to those who kept our big secret until now.

5 comments:

Mici said...

Yes, I was quite surprised that I could actually find the baby on the picture you sent us. I guess I've gotten into the habit of looking for them now. It's so nice to be able to tell people now. Mr. Schreiber and Mr. Anderson say congratulations.

Hibbard Family said...

I am looking forward to the website. Wait, Micayla got a picture of the sono? How did I miss that?

Anonymous said...

You just need to check your email!! That's why you have it, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you announce your pregnancy on your blog after a long spiel about the presidential candidates. Don't you think it deserves its own section? I do! :) We're really happy and excited for you by the way. Isn't it amazing when you see your baby for the first time and it actually sort of looks like a baby?! I loved that. I really didn't expect it to look like such a little person at 10 weeks.

Marcy

pethtelfamily said...

Congrats Angi and Martin! Babies are awesome and little boys are so much fun.