Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for a husband that loves to cook, especially cook Thanksgiving dinner. He has perfected at least 2 different kinds of turkeys. You can find our "Ultimate Thanksgiving" menu at techkitchen.com The dressing is great. It is cooked in the crockpot all day freeing up the coveted space in the oven. The turkey is always brined. Mashed potatoes are sometimes chunky and sometimes creamy, just depends on who is making them. Green bean casserole is a must. This year we are trying Alton Brown's (from the food network) recipe for making the green bean casserole by frying our own onions and making our own cream sauce with real mushrooms. That's exciting!

I worry for Thanksgiving sometimes. It seems to get dwarfed as a holiday by Halloween and Christmas, which seems to be starting earlier and earlier every year. Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas just as much, but while society has perverted Christmas by taking attention away from the true meaning of the holiday, Thanksgiving has maintained its meaning of being thankful for the founders of the country and thankful for those in our lives whom we love and care about. A time to count our blessings.

It is for that reason I write this entry. Not to talk about food, or complain about the commercialization of Christmas, (I'll save that for another entry) It is to let all who read my blog know that I am thankful for each and everyone of you. Thankful that by caring about the little and big things that are important to me, you therefore care about me.

1 comment:

Hibbard Family said...

Thanks Angi, I agree. I am very thankful for my great family, both the one I was born into, and the one we are creating now.