Friday, July 06, 2007

Roadtripping




We just got home from a roadtrip to MN to see my family. It has been a long time since we've been on a roadtrip. We had a great time. We accomplished a lot of things in the 10 days we were gone. The theme of the trip on our way out was Sonic. (I love how they have tator tots!) Nathan had all the Sonics mapped out along I-80 and I-70. Our first stop was Arches National Park in Utah. Then, we stopped in Denver to visit a childhood friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years. After that, we ventured onto Lincoln, NE to visit more friends. Then, we spent the next night in St. Paul, MN with my cousin and drove up the next morning to meet my family to stay on a lake and do some fishing. Fun stuff.



After spending a few days with my family, we drove down to WI for both a family reunion and a friend's wedding. Once again having a great time seeing people I hadn't seen in years. The trip back was much faster. We left after the wedding and drove to St. Louis. We arrived around 1am, drove up to the arch and decided to keep driving to get a hotel room. We woke up the next morning and had an early lunch getting St. Louis BBQ. Then we drove a few more hours and stopped in Kansas City to compare the BBQ there. No offense, St. Louis, but I think I like Kansas City BBQ better. After that, we pretty much just kept driving (got pulled over in the middle of Kansas and got a speeding ticket...oops) Nathan didn't want to miss the midnight showing of Transformers. He looked up theaters and we found one in Denver that had a midnight showing. Bought our tickets and had really good seats. It was awesome by the way. We drove for a few more hours after that and stopped early morning to rest for a few hours. We arrived home Tuesday evening.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got home fine. So who was the lead foot and how heavy is the bill? I did better, going to meet Lorna at John's to go to Curves. The cop turned around and followed me in to John's and told me what the speed limit was, and let me go. They have it posted wrong there anyway! M

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you and Nathan when you were in Wisconsin. I still can't believe he caught me coming out of Michael's as he was on his way to the Bass Pro Shop. Doh! -Brian