Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cute, Yet Simple Story

At work today I was the circulating nurse which basically means I didn't have a list of my own and just went around and helped anyone that needed it. I heard a medication infusion pump beeping, so I went into the room and saw that the medication was finished and needed a saline flush. I wanted to know what fluids the medication was connected to because the patient had both TPN and regular IV fluids running. So, I thought outloud "where is this going?" The 5 year old patient looked at me and said "It's going in me" That made my day and I was still chuckling hours later.

2 comments:

SuzTyn said...

That really is a cute story. See you Saturday :)

Anonymous said...

What she didn't tell you is that the 5 year old looked at her scared because the nurse didn't know where the IV was going! :)