Saturday, July 28, 2007

Late Night (or is it early morning?) Musings

Well, I can't sleep and you all get to suffer from it (or benefit) depending on how you look at it. I appear to have pink eye. I was suspicious yesterday when the corner of my eye seemed a little more red than it usually does. Then, I woke up a couple hours ago with that classic crusty, pus stuff. So, I called into work and now my Saturday will be spent at urgent care for eye drops so that maybe I can go to work on Sunday. It will be pushing the 24 hours on eye drops rule before returning to work, but we'll see how it goes.

All things causing me to be up right now can be blamed on Nathan:

1. A couple weeks ago he had pink eye. I was trying to figure out what I hadn't touched in that time that I touched recently. Then I realized I have been driving his truck the last couple of days. Mystery solved.

2. I am driving his truck while he has my car in San Diego for Comicon. Something about my little Corolla getting better gas mileage than his honkin' Tacoma truck.

3. He is not in bed with me and therefore I can't go back to sleep.

I would get up and be productive, but anyone that really knows me, knows that once I am in bed, I don't get out of bed for anything (yes, even to urinate...I hold it) and that obsession was reinforced tonight when I heard strange noices that I couldn't identify. I figure as long as I stay in bed, the boogieman can't get me. This will inevitably cause a problem when the goop in my eye gets so thick, I will need to add a warm compress to my eye.

There's a plus to not going to work tomorrow. I don't have even the slightest chance of being assigned to a patient that I politely refer to as a "pistol." I won't get into it. I will just say "grrrr" and move on.

The upside to anticipating a 3+ hour wait at Urgent Care is I can finally read the book I've been wanting to read "Angels and Demons." I am not going to read it now for obvious reasons. #1 it's in the living room #2 Its a dark, scary book.

OK the red battery light is blinking and yep, the charger is in the other room. My time is up.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I totally understand your not getting out of bed thing. And you're right. If you stay in your bed, the boogie man will leave you alone.