Thursday, April 19, 2007

Multitastking

I'm not really sure why I always share my silly moments with people, but when I'm still chuckling at myself the next day, it's worth telling.

Yesterday at work I had 3 patients. They were stable patients, but between the 3 of them, I had 4 procedures. These always take a lot of coordination to get everyone together at the right time, prepare for sedation and give sedation,etc. Anyway, there was about an hour left in my shift and I was told to give up one of my patients so I could admit a very sick little girl. We needed to move another one of my patients out of the room they were in to make room for this one girl. So, hurrying along, we moved my patient to another room and realized the phone in the new room didn't work. So I went to get the phone from the old room. As I walked into the room, the phone rang. I figured it was the father of my patient I just moved, so I answered the phone to give him the new number. Now... multitasking is not always the best choice, especially when just as you answer the phone and start to explain that the patient has moved to a new room, you start to do what you origianally went into the room to do and you reach over and unplug the phone from the wall cutting off the person on the other end. Oops!

1 comment:

Justin Hibbard said...

I am glad you shared, i got a good chuckle. I finally updated Anna's blog, so you can check it out now.