Monday, February 19, 2007

I really shouldn't complain

Do you ever feel like something is passing you by? I feel very blessed and fortunate for everything I have. For my husband, my family, my friends, my home, my entire life situation, I cannot (or shouldn't) complain.

I am even blessed to live in Sunny California where I never have to worry about weather ruining my plans for the day. But sometimes, I just want it to rain. I want my plans to be ruined because of rain. All day today it teased me making wish and pray that it would rain. I'm not asking for much. I just want a steady rain. Maybe even some sprinkles. I was excited to wake up and see a cloudy sky and learn that it had rained lightly through the night. Some parts of the sky were darker than others, but then I realized that the sky right above us was always the least likely to rain. It seems that the 2 mile radius around our house is the last place to get any rain. All around were dark, rain looking clouds, but right above us was pretty blue or light overcast grey. The rain clouds never came and just passed us by. Grrr!

Now watch, it will be raining on my way to work tomorrow and I won't be able to enjoy the rain. There is something about the hospital that feels like a vacuum. The world could be ending outside and the only way I would know is if they were sending the overflow of wounded to my floor and I wouldn't be able to get any of my patients to CT or MRI. So I don't count it as a successful rain if it rains on the days I work or at night when I can't hear it.

2 comments:

Justin Hibbard said...

I guess we all want what we can't have. Living out here in Maryland, I am kind of jeolous of your constant sunshine out there.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you would have loved the blizzard we had last night! We had Thunder and lightening in the middle of snow! It was so fun to watch!