Thursday, January 18, 2007

A good drive thru story

Some things I just can't keep to myself. Things like this make me chuckle and I have to share. It's these kinds of stories that I love and will probably always remember.

I freely admit that I am a dork. Sometimes more than others, but I am a dork. Nathan and I both wanted different things for dinner. I wanted Rubios fish tacoes and Nathan was happy with something from Del Taco. They are both in the same shopping center. Nathan stayed home and I went to get the food. I went into Rubios and was feeling lucky that there was a parking spot nearby. I went in and went straight to the register and ordered, my food was ready by the time I gathered my salsas. This was going quickly and I was excited because I just wanted to get back home and spend some time with Nathan. I went back to the car and got in the Drive thru for Del Taco. I ordered as I was the only one in line once again. Paid the lady at the window. Said "thank you" and drove off. As I turned right onto the street, I put my hand over for the bag of food as I always do to make sure it doesn't tip over and it wasn't there! Crazy me, I drove off without Nathan's food!! So, in all the traffic, I drove around the block and went back.

Cold food is a small price to pay for a good story.

No comments: