Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tagged

Being tagged is sort of a love/hate relationship. I love that Meigan thought of me, yet I am not excited to come up with 8 facts/habits about myself.

1) Post the rules of the game.
2) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things.
4) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5) Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1. My comfort food is grilled cheese sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, or cheese and crackers are you seeing the theme?

2. I remember when I learned huge life lessons. The first being, when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I wanted to wear earrings but my parents wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 8 years old. So, at the store I saw some huge, gold, clip-on earrings and put them in my coat pocket. I walked around the store feeling terribly guilty knowing it was wrong to steal, so I finally put the earrings back. The second lesson learned is that smoking is bad for you. I was on a walk around 8 years old. I came across a used cigarette on the road. No joke, this is kind of embarassing. I picked it up and pretended I was holding it being all cool. The thing is, I didn't feel cool at all, in fact I felt really dirty. Hense...smoking is bad.

3. I have hairy toes and therefore...I shave them.

4. When eating chocolate (especially dark chocolate) I MUST have a glass of cold milk already poured before I put the chocolate in my mouth. Then I chew a little while savoring the chocolate. After that, I drink the milk until there is not a trace of chocolate left in my mouth. Yum!

5. I'm kind of a speed demon on the freeway. The way home from work is the worst. I'm in such a hurry to get home. I accelerate down the entrance ramp and quickly cross the 3 lanes of traffic positioning myself in the left hand lane. Which leads me to #6...

6. A couple weeks ago (again on my way home) I was turning right at a traffic light. As I approached the light I started to make a right on red. I thought I had stopped completely, but I don't know. It was dark and the cruel, hidious, obnoxious red light camera flashed. Blinding me, really. Did I get a ticket? I don't know. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't received anything in the mail. They say if you don't hear within 2 weeks, you probably didn't get a ticket. But ever since, it's not much fun to get the mail dreading what might be in the mailbox.

7. I have a terrible habit of leaving lights on.

8. I am on a personal mission to change people's minds about peas. None of our close friends like peas. When I found that out, I asked if they've ever had peas fresh out of the garden. They said no. Right there a mission was born. So, I have a pea plant out in the garden and I have already had a few people try them and they admit that they are good. This isn't the time of year to plant them in California, so I hope to plant a few more in the fall and continue with my mission.

There. I did it. Now this wouldn't be a tag if I didn't tag someone so, KARLENE Tag, you're it!

3 comments:

Meigan said...

Your facts were far more interesting then mine, let me tell you. Oh and Jeff and I are very offended by the pea thing... we LOVE peas and consider ourselves close friends!!! :-)

aroy17 said...

Opps Meigan, you're right. "none" is a very strong word. I should have used "many of our close friends" Will you join in my mission when you return this summer?!?

Anonymous said...

The peas in our garden are going well, even if we got them planted late. This cooler weather we've been having should help. Long live the pea! -Brian