Sunday, December 17, 2006

New Blogger

I finally updated to the new blogger which makes it a ton easier to change various settings. Bear with me as I figure out what I like and don't like. I kept changing it and I now need to leave it and come back to it with a fresh look. Suggestions are welcome:)

We had a great weekend. We had a Christmas party last night with various friends. I ate way too much. People brought some aweseome food. Papa Murphey's pizza, tomales, and many sweet things. Nathan baked 3D gingerbread cookes that were pretty good. I was excited because I love cheeseball and it is a tradition in my family to have it for Christmas. I made a cheeseball look like a snowman with three balls and then using black peppercorns for his eyes and buttons. Then I cut the very tip of a baby carrot for his nose. It was seriously adorable. I also added some cayenne pepper to the recipe which I have never done before and I liked it.

Then, today...
Our unit sponsors a patient's family every Christmas. Everone signs up to buy various gifts for the family. I went with a few other people from our unit to deliver the presents to the family this morning. It was fun to see our little patient in his house, in his environment instead of ours. For about a year he was in all the time. Now he is 3 years old and he barely recognized us. (I think this is a good thing) He even has a head of hair!! I hardly recognized him when I walked into the house.

Then Nathan and I went over to his new office and cleaned like crazy. There are 4 offices in one area that are all his. They are full of tons of junk that has accumulated over years. We only finished one office and I will hopefully be able to help him clean up the rest of them over Christmas break.

No comments: