Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Dinner

I heard a joke from one of my patients the other day. "Why did the teddy bear not eat any Christmas dinner?" .... ready? "Because he was already stuffed!"

That is me today. We went over to someone's for Christmas dinner. It was just 4 of us, but judging by the food you would have thought it was one of my famly reunions. (actually, not even those have this much food!) When we first got there, she gave us sweet potato pie (to tie us over 'til dinner) Then, when we were done with that, we had a pecan/walnut pie. Then, she gave us a piece of peach cobbler. Then a huge glass of sparkling apple cider filled up mutliple times.

Then came dinner. We started with a shirmp cocktail. The dinner consisted of ham, turkey, twice baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberries, rolls and a lemon soup with rice.

I am afraid I will still be stuffed for our Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow.

No comments: