Thursday, November 30, 2006

ELLEN

I love watching Ellen. Nathan surprised me by getting 2 tickets to a taping. That taping was today. I had invited my friend, Rachel, to go with me. We've been excited about it ever since. Today was the day. We left about 6:15am and drove to Burbank. Of course with morning traffic we didn't get there until 8:30am, which we thought would be fine since the gate where the line begins wasn't supposed to open until 8:30. Well, I should have known better, but there was already a line by the time we got there. We were hopeful and continued to wait until 11:00 when they started handing out the tickets. (its first come first served and they overbook) We were told all the tickets for the audience were gone and we were still hopeful for the Riff Raff room. We were about 20-30 people away when they announced that even the Riff Raff room was full. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

We still had a great day hanging out. We went to lunch, did a little shopping and I got a lot done around the house after being gone for 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Meigan said...

I'm so sorry. One time we lined up to see Jay Leno and we were literally the last ones to get in. My dad was told that he coud only get a seat for the opening bit because the Northwestern football team would need the seats. Well, there happened to be one extra seat so my little ole' dad was sitting in the middle of these huge college football players for most of the show. It was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Was that the taping when Lisa had to toss he knife in the bushes?