Thursday, February 16, 2006

Coloseum


Sadly, the Coloseum is falling down. Still very impressive to walk up to it. We weren't able to go inside because we arrived after they were done selling tickets for the day. It closes at sunset. Don't tell my friend Meigan, (she and her husband were in Rome with us) I was somewhat glad we couldn't go inside, it meant we wouldn't be re-enacting a scene from Gladiator. She's the theatrical one, not me. It was funny, there were a lot of cats around the Coloseum, Meigan sat with one and we joked that it was probably trained to pickpocket. As it turns out, there was a homeless lady there with a ton of cats around her cart. We appropriately took a picture and called her "the cat lady." I wonder if she would have wanted a part in our re-enactment?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send you a comment that wasn't from some spammer. Glad you had fun in Rome. Someday when I'm in Rome, I'm just going to do as the Romans do. -Brian

Meigan said...

Well, I never! I thought you wanted to re-enact Gladiator with me! Just kidding, babe. I wouldn't really have made you do it. Actually, Jeff and I got to go inside the coloseum the next day. We only played a little. :)