Sunday, December 18, 2005

Twin Chickens

My favorite part of eggs is the yolk. Sometimes I like my eggs hard and other times I like them soft, it just depends on my mood.

I know that twins can be genetic in humans. Because of this fact, I can only assume that twins are also genetic in chickens. I have non-scientific proof that this is true. Let me explain.

I buy brown cage-free eggs. I made myself an egg this morning. It was a beautiful fried egg on a piece of toast with a small piece of cheese melted on top. Yum! When my husband woke up, he also wanted an egg. So, I get an egg out of the refrigerator, heat up the skillet, crack the egg and surprise! Two yolks appear. I get all excited and show Nathan. He gets a little weirded-out and wants me to toss that one and crack open another one. So...egg number two gets cracked and no joke, out comes two yolks again! I start laughing. Nathan is really getting scared. So, I toss that one and crack open egg #3. Again!!! 2 yolks appear. I finally decide that after the fourth one, that's the one he's getting whether one yolk or two. Thankfully (for Nathan) it was just one yolk. It makes me wonder how many other eggs in that carton have two yolks? I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: