Friday, October 14, 2005

Ellen

I love Ellen! I may not agree with her lifestyle, but I still feel that she is a great person that genuinely cares about everyone. There is something about having her show on while I'm on my day off waiting for Nathan to come home. I find myself laughing out loud at the things she does. Silly things that I think lighten a person's mood. She always starts her show out with a mini monologue that always makes me chuckle. Then, she breaks into dancing and has her entire audience up on their feet. One of the things that makes me laugh the most is how she is always bringing things that are HUGE onto her stage. For example, in today's show, she went through the audience and picked up someone's purse, took it up on stage and starts to look through it making jokes. Then, she says, "how about if I trade you for what's in your purse for what's in my purse?" In comes one of her assistants with a HUGE purse, she opens it up and pulls out a flat screen tv. One of my favorites is during Hurricane Katrina, she was collecting money for the relief. Companies would come by and give the huge checks, you know what I'm talking about. She would pull out a HUGE pen and endorse the HUGE check. Then, she would put it into a HUGE envelope and take it over to a HUGE ATM, she would push the buttons and deposit the check all the way down to receiving a HUGE receipt. It made me laugh... the other thing that makes her so enjoyable is that she is always giving gifts to her audience and to her guests. She even had HIllary Clinton on the show today. I think famous people enjoy coming to her show knowing that they are going to be able to laugh. They can relax and be casual. I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellen who?

aroy17 said...

Ellen Degeneres has a talk show. She's best known as a comedian.