Thursday, June 23, 2005

curly or straight

Why is it that it seems as if we are always looking for something that we don't have, even though, we are fortunate to have what we already have. For example, I now have curlers in my hair hoping that I can have the luscious curls many women with natural curls spend hours straightening. I have perfectly straight hair. I doubt the curls I'm putting into my hair will even last the day. However, I don't care. I want curls. I have been complimented on my beautiful straight as a board hair, yet...thats not enough. I want curls. When will I be satisfied with what I have? I'm not sure there is ever true satisfaction with what one has until they become thankful to the One that has given them everything. God has given me my super straight hair and until I am thankful for that...satisfaction may be a foreign word in my vocabulary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with what your saying,but you have noormal hair. you dont understand. i have curly frizzy uncontrolible hair.i cant even work with what i got. for example i cant get healthy looking curls no matter what. i have to go to school with wet hair every morning becauce if i blow dry it it will look like a bush. so dont make a point if you dont know what your talking about.at least you dont get colds from wet hair in the winter all the time and look stupid with tons of gel in your hair.you be thankful for what you got and leave everyone esle out of it.