Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Chocolate

When I was growing up, we often had chocolate miniatures around the house. My dad always played a game with them called "The Game" It was a game teaching about choices and how there are consequences for those choices. He would hold out his hands, both hands containing a chocolate miniature. We had to choose which hand we wanted. Whichever hand we chose, that's the piece we would be required to eat. I always hoped it would be a special dark. Those were my favorite.

In order to ensure that I had plenty of chocolate for myself. I would always choose a krackel or a Mr. Goodbar if there was one in the bowl because my other siblings didn't like the special dark. So the special dark would be the last eaten and since they didn't like it, it was all for me (and my mom)

I realized today as it's Halloween and there was an article about how chocolate is better for the teeth than sticky candy. I have concluded, that it is ok for me to eat my dark chocolate. In fact, I should be encouraged to eat it. Not only is it good for my heart, it's good for my teeth. Well, it's better than starburst anyway.

No comments: