Tuesday, April 18, 2006

How old am I anyway?

My 27th birthday was yesterday and the past couple months leading up to my birthday I have been trying to wrap my brain around the idea that I am 27 years old. 27 years old. It still doesn't sound right. I am now closer to 30 than 20. I am officially in my "late 20s." Anyway I put it, it doesn't sound good and I don't believe it.

27 must be old because I am starting to forget how old I am when people ask. I have to really stop and think about it and even when I finally give an answer, I'm not 100% sure I gave the right one. I cannot believe that this time next year, plans will be made for a 10-year high school reunion. I'm not ready for my 10 year reunion. That's for people older than I who have been out of high school forever.

I hope its true that you're only as young as you feel. I must be young at heart because I simply do not feel like I'm 27.

I have always heard that time flies faster the more a person ages. My first 27 years flew by so fast, it seems that just yesterday I was turning 16. How fast will my next 27 years pass.

No comments: